Terms and Conditions
SweetCars giveaway official rules
No purchase necessary to enter or win. The purchase of any good or service will not increase your chances of winning.
These official rules (“Rules”) are a legally binding agreement by and between you and sponsor and govern your entry in the giveaway.
- Sponsor: The sponsor of this Giveaway (“Giveaway”) is SweetCars (“Sponsor”).
- Giveaway entry period: The Giveaway period begins on April 20, 2020 at 12:00 AM EST and ends on May 11, 2020 at 11:59 PM EST (“Promotion Period”). All entries must be received during the Promotion Period.
- Eligibility: This Giveaway is open to legal residents of Indiana, Ohio, Illinois, Michigan, and Kentucky, but void in Florida, New York and where prohibited by law. To enter you must be 18 years or older at the start of the Promotion Period. Current or former employees of Sponsor or its suppliers, representatives, and agents, their immediate families, and/or members of their households are not eligible to enter.
- How to enter: follow Sweet Cars on Instagram (@SweetCarsIndiana), like the prize photo and tag three friends. No purchase or payment is required to win. Our “#MySweetCars” swag giveaway will accept entries every day of every week.
- The Sponsor reserves the right to, and at its sole discretion may, reject any entry for failure to comply with these entry requirements.
- Winner must be a legal resident of the United States and at least 18 years of age. Multiple entries by one person or social media account will not increase odds of winning. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received. SweetCars employees and their immediate family members — as well as employees of affiliated manufacturers — are not eligible to participate.
- Warranties and consents: By entering the Giveaway during the Promotion Period, you: (a) represent and warrant that you have read, and agree to be bound by, these Rules; (b) consent to the use of your name and/or likeness by the Sponsor for promotion purposes through any media now known or hereafter developed, without additional compensation or authorization unless prohibited by law; (c) consent that by entering the Giveaway, you grant Sponsor the right to contact you via telephone or electronically; (d) agree that Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the giveaway, reject any entry, or make any revision to the Rules as it deems necessary; (e) agree to be bound by the interpretations of these Rules and decisions of the Sponsor which are final in all matters relating to the Giveaway; and (f) agree that all claims arising from or related to these Rules or the Giveaway must be resolved in the federal or state courts located in Allen County, Indiana.
- Winner notification: The Sponsor will notify the winner by tagging the winner on Instagram within two (2) days of the Drawing (“Prize Notification”). To claim the prize, the winner must verify his or her mailing address, and any other personal information required for Sponsor to issue the prize, within 14 days of the Prize Notification, or an alternate winner will be selected. In no event is Sponsor required to attempt to contact the winner more than once. The prize will be forfeited if the winner cannot be reached; the winner cannot accept or receive the prize for any reason; the winner fails to timely respond to the Prize Notification; or the winner has violated the Rules. If the prize is a trip, the winner has 60 days to book the trip within the dates allowed. No transfer, assignment, cash redemption, or substitution of the prize (or portion thereof) is permitted, except by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. Prize winners are responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes. Winner must provide Sponsor with a valid Social Security number or taxpayer identification number before prize will be awarded. If one or more prizes, with a total value of $600 or more, are awarded to winner during any calendar year, a Form 1099 will be issued.
- General rules: The Giveaway is void where prohibited by law. By accepting a prize, all winners agree that Sponsor, their affiliates, and all of the officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents of Sponsor, will have no liability whatsoever, and will be held harmless by winner for any liability for any injury, loss or damages of any kind, to winner or other person, including (without limitation) injuries, loss of damages arising out of or relating to death, and, injuries, damages, or losses to property due in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize or participation in this giveaway. In the event that a third party provides the prize, Sponsor will not be held liable for any and all issues (including any lawsuits, loss or damages of any kind) arising between the winner and the third party.
- Instagram: This Giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram. By entering the Giveaway during the Promotion Period, you agree that Instagram, their affiliates, and all of the officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents of Instagram, will have no liability whatsoever, and will be held harmless by entrant for any liability for any injury, loss or damages of any kind, to winner or other person, including (without limitation) injuries, loss of damages arising out of or relating to death, and, injuries, damages, or losses to property due in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize or participation in this giveaway.
Welcome to SweetCars.com!
The content, organization, graphics, design, compilation, magnetic translation, digital conversion, and other matters related to the Site are protected under applicable copyrights, trademarks, and other proprietary (including but not limited to intellectual property) rights. The copying, redistribution, use, or publication by you of any such matters or any part of the Site, except as allowed by Section 4 below, is strictly prohibited. You do not acquire ownership rights to any content, document, or other materials viewed through the Site. The posting of information or materials on the Site does not constitute a waiver of any right in such information and materials. Some of the content on the site is the copyrighted work of third parties.
Errors, Corrections, and Changes
We may make changes to the pricing, features, functionality, or content of the Site at any time without notice to you. We do not represent or warrant that the product information, pricing, or other information available on or through the Site will be correct, accurate, timely, or otherwise reliable. We do not represent or warrant that the Site will be error-free, free of viruses or other harmful components, or that defects will be corrected. We reserve the right in our sole discretion to edit or delete any documents, information, prices, or other content appearing on the Site.
Linking to the Site
You may provide links to the Site, provided (a) that you do not remove or obscure, by framing or otherwise, advertisements, the copyright notice, or other notices on the Site, (b) your site does not engage in illegal or pornographic activities, and (c) you discontinue providing links to the Site immediately upon request by us.
Certain sections of, or offerings from, the Site may require you to register. If registration is requested, you agree to provide us with accurate, complete registration information. Your registration must be done using your real name and accurate information. Each registration is for your personal use only and not on behalf of any other person or entity. We do not permit (a) any other person using the registered sections under your name; or (b) access through a single name being made available to multiple users on a network. You are responsible for preventing such unauthorized use.
Third-party content may appear on the Site or may be accessible via links from the Site. We are not responsible for and assume no liability for any mistakes, misstatements of law, defamation, omissions, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, or profanity in the statements, opinions, representations, or any other form of content on the Site. You understand that the information and opinions in the third-party content represent solely the thoughts of the author and is neither endorsed by nor does it necessarily reflect our belief.
Use of Information
Links to Other Web Sites
The Site contains links to other Web sites. We are not responsible for the content, accuracy, or opinions expressed in such Web sites, and such Web sites are not investigated, monitored, or checked for accuracy or completeness by us. Inclusion of any linked Web site on our Site does not imply approval or endorsement of the linked Web site by us. If you decide to leave our Site and access these third-party sites, you do so at your own risk.
Copyrights and Copyright Agents
We respect the intellectual property of others, and we ask you to do the same. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our Copyright Agent the following information:
(a) An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; (b) A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; (c) A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site; (d) Your address, telephone number, and email address; (e) A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and (f) A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf. Our Copyright Agent for Notice of claims of copyright infringement on the site can be reached by directing an email to the Copyright Agent at privacy@SweetCars.com.
Information and Press Releases
The Site contains information and press releases about us. We disclaim any duty or obligation to update this information or any press releases. Information about companies other than ours, contained in the press release or otherwise, should not be relied upon as being provided or endorsed by us.
Forms, Agreements & Documents
We may make available through the Site or through other Web sites sample and actual forms, checklists, business documents, and legal documents (collectively, “Documents”). All Documents are provided on a non-exclusive license basis only for your personal one-time use for non-commercial purposes, without any right to re-license, sublicense, distribute, assign, or transfer such license. Documents are provided for a charge and without any representations or warranties, express or implied, as to their suitability, legal effect, completeness, currentness, accuracy, and/or appropriateness. THE DOCUMENTS ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” “AS AVAILABLE,” AND WITH “ALL FAULTS”, AND WE AND ANY PROVIDER OF THE DOCUMENTS DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. The Documents may be inappropriate for your particular circumstances. Furthermore, state laws may require different or additional provisions to ensure the desired result. You should consult with legal counsel to determine the appropriate legal or business documents necessary for your particular transactions, as the Documents are only samples and may not be applicable to a particular situation. Some Documents are public domain forms or available from public records.
Limited License; Permitted Uses
You are granted a nonexclusive, nontransferable, revocable license (a) to access and use the Site strictly in accordance with this Agreement; (b) to use the Site solely for internal, personal, noncommercial purposes; and (c) to print out discrete information from the Site solely for internal, personal, noncommercial purposes and provided that you maintain all copyright and other policies contained therein. No print out or electronic version of any part of the Site or its contents may be used by you in any litigation or arbitration matter whatsoever under any circumstances.
Restrictions and Prohibitions on Use
We reserve the right to investigate complaints or reported violations of this Agreement and to take any action we deem appropriate, including but not limited to reporting any suspected unlawful activity to law enforcement officials, regulators, or other third parties and disclosing any information necessary or appropriate to such persons or entities relating to your profile, email addresses, usage history, posted materials, IP addresses, and traffic information.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold us and our partners, agents, officers, directors, employees, subcontractors, successors, assigns, third-party suppliers of information and documents, attorneys, advertisers, product and service providers, and affiliates (collectively, “Affiliated Parties”) harmless from any liability, loss, claim, and expense, including reasonable attorney’s fees, related to your violation of this Agreement or use of the Site.
THE INFORMATION, CONTENT AND DOCUMENTS FROM OR THROUGH THE SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS-IS,” “AS AVAILABLE,” WITH “ALL FAULTS,” AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARE DISCLAIMED (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE DISCLAIMER OF ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE). THE INFORMATION AND SERVICES MAY CONTAIN BUGS, ERRORS, PROBLEMS, OR OTHER LIMITATIONS. WE AND OUR AFFILIATED PARTIES HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR YOUR USE OF ANY INFORMATION OR SERVICE, EXCEPT AS PROVIDED IN SECTION 17(b). IN PARTICULAR, BUT NOT AS A LIMITATION THEREOF, WE AND OUR AFFILIATED PARTIES ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF PROFITS, LITIGATION, OR THE LIKE), WHETHER BASED ON BREACH OF CONTRACT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE NEGATION AND LIMITATION OF DAMAGES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN US AND YOU. THIS SITE AND THE PRODUCTS, SERVICES, DOCUMENTS, AND INFORMATION PRESENTED WOULD NOT BE PROVIDED WITHOUT SUCH LIMITATIONS. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM US THROUGH THE SITE OR OTHERWISE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THIS AGREEMENT.
ALL RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES CAUSED BY VIRUSES CONTAINED WITHIN THE ELECTRONIC FILE CONTAINING A FORM OR DOCUMENT IS DISCLAIMED.
Limitation of Liability
We and any Affiliated Party shall not be liable for any loss, injury, claim, liability, or damage of any kind resulting in any way from (a) any errors in or omissions from the Site or any services or products obtainable therefrom, (b) the unavailability or interruption of the Site or any features thereof, (c) your use of the Site, (d) the content contained on the Site, or (e) any delay or failure in performance beyond the control of a Covered Party. THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF US AND THE AFFILIATED PARTIES IN CONNECTION WITH ANY CLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE SITE AND/OR THE PRODUCTS, INFORMATION, DOCUMENTS, AND SERVICES PROVIDED HEREIN OR HEREBY SHALL NOT EXCEED $100 AND THAT AMOUNT SHALL BE IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER REMEDIES THAT YOU MAY HAVE AGAINST US AND ANY AFFILIATED PARTY.
You agree to comply with all applicable domestic and international laws, statutes, ordinances, and regulations regarding your use of the Site and the Content and Materials provided therein.
This Agreement shall be treated as though it were executed and performed in Fort Wayne, Indiana, and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Indiana (without regard to conflict of law principles). Any cause of action by you with respect to the Site (and/or any information, Documents, products, or services related thereto) must be instituted within one (1) year after the cause of action arose or be forever waived and barred. All actions shall be subject to the limitations set forth in Section 16 and Section 17. The language in this Agreement shall be interpreted as to its fair meaning and not strictly for or against any party. This Agreement and all incorporated agreements and your information may be automatically assigned by us in our sole discretion to a third party in the event of an acquisition, sale, or merger. Should any part of this Agreement be held invalid or unenforceable, that portion shall be construed consistent with applicable law and the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect. To the extent that anything in or associated with the Site is in conflict or inconsistent with this Agreement, this Agreement shall take precedence. Our failure to enforce any provision of this Agreement shall not be deemed a waiver of such provision nor of the right to enforce such provision. Our rights under this Agreement shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
Any legal controversy or legal claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement or our services, excluding legal action taken by us to collect or recover damages for, or obtain any injunction relating to, Site operations, intellectual property, and our services, shall be settled solely by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of JAMS. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in Fort Wayne, Indiana, and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered into any court having jurisdiction thereof. Either you or we may seek any interim or preliminary relief from a court of competent jurisdiction in Fort Wayne, Indiana, necessary to protect the rights or property of you and us pending the completion of arbitration. Each party shall bear one-half of the arbitration fees and costs incurred through JAMS.
Acceptance of Agreement